"To facilitate and encourage the development of the game of golf...and to promote social and friendly relations among its members...and to provide for their amusement, recreation and entertainment."
Founded on July 15, 1925, Longview Country Club soon set about building nine holes above what was then known as Hillside Acres Road. Led by President Kenneth F. Park and Vice-president Tom M. Foster, the club retained an architect, and hired its first golf professional, Jack Rogers who supervised construction.
The course opened April 30, 1927. Just prior to that in 1926, the new clubhouse was completed thanks to the help of Robert A. Long one of Cowlitz County’s founding fathers. Though not a golfer himself, Mr. Long was quoted as saying the golf club would make an impressive picture for the tourists this summer."
In 1958 nine more holes were built completing the eighteen-hole, 6,215 yard course played today. Featuring scenic panoramic vistas and fast, annual bluegrass greens. Longview Country Club has played host to numerous club, regional, and Washington State championships and continues to thrill and delight its members as a course members and guest alike never grows tired of playing.